Aquavit... literally meaning "water of life", is a popular and cultural drink produced principally in the Scandinavian countries. However, its now becoming more widely known and enjoyed elsewhere.
Aquavit's distinctive flavour comes from herbs and spices, and similar to gin must have a dominant flavour. Whereas with gin this is juniper, with Aquavit this must come from a distillate of caraway and / or dill seed.
Culturally very important, each country / area has its own way of enjoying. In Iceland, Sweden, Denmark and Germany aquavit is chilled and generally drunk as a shot in one go. In Norway, they would frown on this - and its generally enjoyed unchilled and slowly from a shot or tulip glass.
However you try this, we're sure its something you will enjoy!
- Bareksten Botanical Aquavit 1LDKK 449.00
- Bivrost Aquavit 50clDKK 229.00
- Bivrost Cask Aquavit 50clDKK 249.00
- SaleBrygga Göteborg Aquavit (Mini) 5clSpecial Price DKK 36.00 was DKK 39.00
- Nordic Spirits Lab Nordic Gin 50clSpecial Price DKK 169.00 was DKK 199.00